The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) is one of the most prestigious business schools in India. The Executive MBA program offered by IIMC is a unique opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for scaling up the corporate ladder. The program is designed to meet the needs of mid-career professionals who wish to pursue higher studies and gain an edge in the corporate world. This blog is a one-stop shop for all the information you need to know about the IIM Calcutta Executive MBA admission process. Here you will find the application process, including eligibility criteria, application timeline, selection process, and more. We hope this blog will help you in your journey to pursue the IIM Calcutta Executive MBA program.
IIM Calcutta Executive MBA Overview
The Executive Post-Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) at IIM Calcutta is a one-year, full-time, residential program offered to senior professionals with also a minimum of five years of work experience. The program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the latest management concepts and practices so that they can effectively manage and lead organizations in today’s competitive business environment. The IIM Calcutta Executive MBA Education curriculum is highly interactive and offers a wide range of electives and specializations.
The course content is regularly updated and focuses on current industry trends and challenges. The program also encourages students to participate in various extra-curricular activities and industry visits, so that they can gain a real-world perspective of the corporate world. The EPGP program also provides students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through project work and internships.
Furthermore, These internships provide the students with the opportunity to work on live projects and gain valuable insights into the corporate world. The program also includes a range of faculty-driven research projects, which provide the students with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of a particular industry or sector. These research projects are undertaken in collaboration with a range of organizations and are aimed at enabling
Why Choose IIM Calcutta Executive MBA
- Prestigious and Innovative Program: Executive MBA program offered at IIM Calcutta is one of the most prestigious and innovative programs in the country. Also, It offers a perfect blend of academic rigor and practical knowledge that prepares you to take on challenging managerial roles.
- Global Network: The program also provides you access to a global network of alumni who are successful professionals in various sectors. You can leverage their experience and knowledge to further your career.
- Outstanding Faculty: IIM Calcutta is home to some of the most talented faculty in the country. As part of the program, you will get to learn from them.
- Industry Connect: The program provides you with the opportunity to network with top industry professionals. This can help you gain valuable insights and also industry contacts that can help you in your future career.
- Enhanced Career Opportunities: Completing the Executive MBA program can open up a world of career opportunities for you. It can help you advance in your current job or move to a better one.
IIM Calcutta Admission Criteria 2023-2024
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta welcomes applications for admission to its one-year full-time residential Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program for Executives for the academic year 2023-24. MBAEx batch 17 (2023-24 Round 3rd) applications will be accepted beginning June 30, 2022.
IIM Calcutta Admission Dates 2023
- Dates for downloading the application form and applying online: October 17, 2022 - November 30, 2023
- The deadline for submitting a fully completed application form is November 30, 2023.
- Short-listed candidates will be announced on December 5, 2023.
- Shortlisted candidates also will be interviewed on December 10-11, 2023
IIM Calcutta Admission 2023 - Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting an application to IIM Calcutta, students must meet the qualifying requirements. Check out the complete eligibility requirements below:
- Students must hold a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST students). Also, Candidates from the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Persons with Disabilities categories would be granted a 5% pay cut.
- Candidate must have graduated from a university/institute founded by an Act of Parliament or proclaimed to be regarded as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or have an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD.
- The applicant's percentage of marks will be computed based on the practice of the institute/university from which the student graduated. Furthermore, If the university/institute does not have a conversion policy, the equivalency will be determined by dividing the candidate's CGPA by the maximum permissible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the CAT 2022 and IIM Calcutta admission processes.
- Candidates must also submit certificates of completion, mark sheets, and other prerequisites by December 31, 2023, or their candidature will be invalidated.
IIM Calcutta Admission Criteria 2023 for Executive MBA program
IIM Calcutta Executive MBA Admission for working professionals. The following are the program's entry requirements:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a managerial/leadership role.
- The candidate must have a valid GMAT/CAT/XAT score or equivalent.
- The candidate must have a valid score in any of the following tests: GRE, GMAT, CMAT, XAT, or CAT.
- The candidate must have a valid score in any of the following tests: IIFT, NMAT, or MAT.
- The candidate should have a valid score in the IIM Calcutta EPGP aptitude test.
- The candidate must submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and a Resume/CV.
- The candidate must appear for Personal Interview/Group Discussion.
- The candidate must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as specified by IIM Calcutta.
IIM Calcutta Executive MBA Education Application Fee - 2023
- For Indian nationals, the application fee is Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable).
- USD 100/- for NRIs / Foreign Nationals (Nonrefundable)
- Payment Methods: Online by Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking; Offline via Demand Draft/Cheque Banker issued in favor of Indian Institute of Management.
Placements At IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta Executive MBA Learning has been known for its excellent placement record. The institute offers a variety of industry sectors for its placements such as consulting, finance, marketing, operations, analytics, and general management. The highest domestic salary offered at the campus placements of IIM Calcutta was Rs. 70 LPA.
The average salary offered was Rs. 24.45 LPA and the median salary was Rs. 23.43 LPA. The top recruiters at IIM Calcutta include McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Citi Bank, ICICI Bank, Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Microsoft, LinkedIn, D.E. Shaw, Aditya Birla Group, Cognizant, Philips, L&T, HUL, P&G, Capgemini, etc.
IIM Calcutta Executive MBA Selection Process
An applicant is chosen based on his or her professional experience, academic records, GMAT score, and personal interview. In addition, candidates must submit a statement of purpose (SOP) as well as recommendations from two senior management referees. These are also taken into account in the ultimate decision.
IIM Calcutta Review & Ranking
IIM Calcutta is one of the most prestigious business schools in India and also it is highly ranked for its quality of education and research output. According to the NIRF Rankings 2020, it ranks second in the list of top business schools in India. It has also been ranked as the number one business school in India.
Moreover, The academics at IIM Calcutta Executive MBA are rigorous and the curriculum is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the various business and management concepts. The institute also offers a variety of electives that enable students to explore their interests in different fields. The faculty members are highly experienced and experts in their respective fields. Overall, IIM Calcutta is a great institute for pursuing a career in Business and Management. It has a great academic environment and a strong industry interface which helps students in getting the best possible placements.